FREE CPS Courses
CPS Course Scholarships
The Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) Addiction Training and Workforce Development Program was created to enhance and diversify New Jersey’s addiction workforce. One of the goals of the program is to increase credentialed professional staff employed at substance abuse prevention agencies by offering Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) training opportunities. Class size is limited, and eligibility for the program is based on the following criteria:
To apply, please click the link below to the application. We will contact you once your application has been reviewed and approved eligible for the program.
- Priority will be given to individuals working towards completion of their CPS.
- Individuals accumulating work or volunteer experience in the field of substance abuse prevention.
- After completing coursework, individuals agree to take the additional steps to become certified, which include successfully completing a written exam.
- Participation and progress in training will be documented by each scholarship recipient as well as NJPN (based on information provided by the student.)
- Scholarship recipients must have their supervisors’ approval to attend courses and agree that NJPN may communicate with their agency regarding their progress towards certification.
- Scholarship recipients will give NJPN the authority to access the results of the CPS written exam in order to monitor progress towards certification.
- Scholarship recipients will be eligible for a limited number of free classes, based on funds available and the demand for scholarships.
Apply for a scholarship today: Scholarship Application
Current CPS course providers:
NJPN 150 Airport Road, Suite 1400, Lakewood.
Click here to register at NJPN
Wellspring, 620 Cranbury Rd #105, East Brunswick
Click here to register at Wellspring
Looking for more information? Review our Frequently Asked Questions.