What is the conference registration fee?
Registration is $100. Full payment must be received in order for registration to be considered complete and space reserved.
- Payment by check must be postmarked by April 1, 2017. After this date, unpaid registrations will be voided and credit card payment required to re-register.
- Registered attendees may cancel prior to April 21, 2017 for payment reimbursement (see Cancellation procedure below).
- Substitutions may occur any time (see Substitution procedure below).
- On-site Registration (April 28, 2017): $125.
Does the registration fee cover all expenses?
The $100 registration fee covers: • Breakfast• Morning Keynote Session• Morning Workshop Session• Lunch • Power Session Workshop• coffee breaks• Afternoon Workshop Session
What are the scholarship requirements for HTS?
The New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety (NJDHTS) has developed a special conference track to highlight HTS issues for related professionals to incorporate into their work. Deadline for submission is March 31, 2017 (or sooner, if capacity is reached and/or scholarships are fulfilled.)
- Complete Online Registration
- Attend the required NJDHTS workshops
- Complete all sign-in and evaluation requirements at the conference
What are the scholarship requirements for GCADA?
GCADA scholarships are available for active Municipal Alliance members. Upon verification of the active membership, a scholarship will be awarded to the first 200 qualifying applicants. Scholarship recipients must commit to attending the conference. Please see http://www.NJPN.org conference FAQ for scholarship details. The deadline for submission is Friday, April 21, 2017 (or sooner, if registration capacity is reached or all available scholarships are fulfilled.
What payment options are available for conference registration fee?
- Prior to April 1, 2017, registration payment by check, PO or Credit Card.
- After April 1, 2017, only Credit Card payments will be accepted.
Can I register the day of the conference?
- Limited space may be available, so please first check www.NJPN.org for updates or call NJPN prior to April 26, 2017 to inquire about on-site registration. On-site Registration: $125
- Substitutions may take place the day of the conference. There will be substitution forms available at the Service Desk the day of the conference (see Substitution procedure below).
If I cannot attend, may I give my paid registration slot to another person?
Yes, certainly, if you are unable to attend you may transfer your registration to another person. See substitution procedure below to transfer in advance. If it is last minute, there will be substitution forms available at the Service Desk the day of the conference.
What is the Substitution procedure?
Substitutions are permitted anytime, however notification must be received via email.
- Please send the name of the original registrant and the name of the person substituting to NJPN prior to April 25, 2017.
- You may email those requests to Laura – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Conference Substitution” in the subject line.
- Substitutions can also be made after April 25, 2017 but only on-site at the Service Desk. The original registrant should forward their emailed registration confirmation or other proof of registration to the substitute to present at the Service Desk the day of the conference and transfer will be made with no additional charge.
What is the Cancellation procedure?
Cancellation notifications must be emailed to email@example.com. Please include “Conference Cancellation” in the subject line. All requests for cancellation refund must be submitted via email prior to April 21, 2017 for refund. You may substitute another individual for your registration at anytime (see Substitution procedure above).
What is the Refund policy?
Because NJPN makes financial obligations based on the number of registrations for the conference, we cannot provide a refund past the cut-off date indicated on conference materials (April 21, 2017) unless the event is cancelled. Follow Cancellation procedure above by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with notification and refunds will be happily given prior to April 21, 2017. You may substitute another individual for your registration at anytime (see Substitution procedure above).
Will renewal credits or professional development hours be given?
Yes, upon completion of certificate request paperwork (distributed at the closing workshop) 6 hours of credits will be awarded for all certifications issued by The Certification Board including:
- CPS (Certified Prevention Specialist) recertification credits
- CADC/LCADC (Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor) renewal credits
- MFT, MFT-Permit (Marriage and Family Therapist, Marriage and Family Therapist Permit)
- LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) renewal credits
- LAC (Licensed Associate Counselor) renewal credits
- LRC (Licensed Rehabilitation Counselor) renewal credits
- CSW/LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) continuing education addiction-focused credits
- CDA (Chemical Dependency Associate) recertification credits
- CJC (Criminal Justice Counselor) recertification credits
- PH (Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours) NEW
- WTS (Women’s Treatment Specialist) recertification credits
- CCS (Certified Clinical Supervisor) recertification credits
Department of Education Professional Development Hours (6 CE hours) will also be awarded. Other credentials are not pre-approved and need to be submitted by attendee. Conference program, workshop descriptions and certificates of attendance are given to each attendee to assist individuals interested in applying for renewal credit to their respective Boards.
What is the Agenda:
The AGENDA, is below. for a listing of conference workshops click here:
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM Registration, Breakfast & Networking with Sponsors
8:30 AM – 10:10 AM Conference Welcome & Keynote
10:10 AM – 10:30 AM Exhibits & Networking
10:30 AM – 11:45 AM AM Workshop Session
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch (presenter tables will be reserved by stage)
1:00 PM – 2:15 PM Power Workshop Session
2:15 PM – 2:30 PM Exhibits & Networking
2:30 PM – 3:45 PM PM Workshop Session
How long do I have to be at the conference to get a certificate?
General attendance certificates are distributed at the end of the conference at 4:00 p.m. (no credit). Personalized certificates for renewal credit are mailed upon completion of a “Renewal Credit Request Form” distributed and collected during the final workshops. (6 hours of credit) One must complete, sign and submit this form at the conference to receive a certificate for credit. Accurately completed “Renewal Credit Request Form” will generate a personalized mailed certificate within 2 weeks of the conference.
If I can’t stay for the entire conference, may I receive partial credit?
No, certificates are for 6 hours of educational credit and that requirement must be fulfilled to receive credit.
Do I have to pay for Parking?
Registered conference participants parking at the Atlantic City Convention Center garage ONLY may bring their parking ticket to the registration area to be validated by NJPN. Parking for Sheraton Hotel guests cannot be validated at the conference and must be paid by hotel guest at the Sheraton. Parking validation for ACCC garage tickets is open throughout the entire conference.
Is there a coat-check available?
No, the room temperature at the Convention Center varies from warm to quite chilly, so dressing in layers or keeping your coat handy will keep you comfortable throughout the day.